Tuesday 10 January 2012

6 January - the clifton sausage

I spent all morning waiting in for the vegbox. It usually arrives at around 11, but today, with a different driver, it didn't turn up until mid-afternoon. That meant there was very little in for my lunch, so I ended up making my version of the Greek dish "gigantes" - big white butterbeans cooked up in a tomato sauce with a few onions and some oregano. I had the beans with a few boiled potatoes and the rest of the parma ham - an unlikely combination, but not too bad.

In the evening, we went to the Clifton Sausage. As its name suggests, the menu's heavily sausage-oriented. I started with potted pork with spiced pear chutney, then as I'm not a big sausage fan, I went for the specials , which today included one of my favourites, brill. It came on a big pile of spinach with a creamy saffron sauce - mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment