Monday 16 January 2012

16 January - better pasta

Today was a bit of a frustrating day - rain, a leaking ceiling and hassle over a hire car - so I never really managed any proper lunch, just a few snacks grabbed along the way. I did, however, manage to get some onions, garlic, olive oil and butter in the dinky little local shops this morning. There seem to be quite a few of them, all tiny and all apparently stocking a similar mix of tins and dried stuff. I think for inspiration around here you really need to go to a market - apparently, tomorrow's market day, so I'll report back. Anyway, with the rain battering down and lots of restaurants apparently closed on a Monday, I had another go at some homemade pasta for supper in the cool little kitchen of my rented apartment.

This time was distinctly more successful - a fairly passable sauce of onion, garlic, courgette and tomato. Now curled up next to the heater for the evening with another glass of Malti wine and a big bar of Dairy Milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment