Monday 30 January 2012

26 January - thai salmon curry

I tried out another recipe from the leaflet that came with the slow cooker today - for Thai salmon curry. It doesn't seem like an obvious candidate for slow-cooking, but I thought I'd give it a go. Again, you just put all the ingredients together in the slow cooker - salmon chunks, spring onions, peas, sugar snaps, carrot and red pepper, along with Thai green curry paste (I made my own) mixed with coconut milk and a dash of fish sauce - then put on the lid and pop it in the oven for an hour.

It came out pretty well and because of the steaming effect, the veg stayed nice and crunchy. I have to say, I'm still not completely convinced about fish curry though. As a technique though, maybe with prawns or chicken, I'd definitely try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment