Sunday 15 January 2012

15 January - sunday lunch in the sun

Having failed in my shopping yesterday that included butter for toast, it was muesli for breakfast - not my favourite - so I felt justified in going out for a proper Sunday lunch. After a fantastically hot, sunny morning sitting on the roof terrace wishing I'd brought shorts, by the time I wandered down to the waterfront for lunch, it was clouding over. Undeterred, I opted for the terrace of Don Berto - apparently a popular spot for family Sunday lunches.

I started off with some garlic bread to compensate for the lack of toast for breakfast. Then for my main, I had the most fabulous, falling-off-the-bone lamb shanks, slow-cooked in a rich sauce with carrots, peppers, courgette and aubergine, topped with vegetable crisps and with a whole roast garlic on the side - the discretely snapped picture really doesn't do it justice!

Certainly solved the problem of having nothing much in for supper - it was more than enough to keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment