Thursday 5 January 2012

3 January - lamb "kedgeree" and salmon teriyaki

I was trying to decide what to do with the last little bit of leftover roast lamb for lunch and after rummaging in the bottom of the fridge, came up with some curried rice - kind of a cross between kedgeree and biryani! I cooked the rice with some cardamom pods, then fried up an onion and some courgette, added some curry powder and stirred in the rice and lamb. Sprinkled with a bit of coriander, it made a really rather yummy plate of lunch.

Tris picked up a bottle of teriyaki sauce while we were in the supermarket the other day, so for dinner I made some salmon teriyaki. I gently heated 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce, a tbsp honey, a clove of chopped garlic and half a tsp ground ginger to make the glaze. I spread it over a couple of salmon fillets to marinade for a few minutes, then popped them in a hot oven for 10 minutes. We got some rather odd green rice for Christmas, so I cooked up some of that along with some steamed pak choi and a few green beans to make a rather oddly green and pink plate of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment