Wednesday 18 January 2012

18 January - prawns in the sun

Today I drove to Marsaxlokk, a picturesque fishing village known for its colourful fishing boats and its seafood restaurants. I went with the recommendation of the flat owner for lunch on the harbourside in the on-off sun at Carrubia. My prawns were very good, if a bit messy, but the accompaniments - a dry salad of lettuce and unripe tomatoes and a pile of frozen veg - went uneaten. It was a great spot to soak up some rays though and wander along the front with my camera snapping away.

As this is my last night here, supper this evening involved using up what was left in the fridge - a sort of tomato bruschetta with mozzarella and the last of the parma ham. I have to say that whilst I have had some memorable meals while I've been here, I am looking forward to getting back to my own kitchen and familiar shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment