Sunday 10 April 2011

food at forty-two

According to Douglas Adams, forty-two is the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. For me, it's food. So as I turn forty-two, I thought it might be an apt time to do something I've been thinking about for some time. Partly inspired by Nigel Slater's wonderful Kitchen Diaries, I'm going to keep a record of what I eat for the next twelve months.

Why? Well, partly out of curiosity just to see what I do eat and how often I end up cooking the same old things. Partly to try and inspire me to be more creative and not keep going back to those tried-and-tested favourites all the time. I also want to keep a record of recipes that turn out well (so I can use them again) and those that don't (so I can adjust them next time).

I'm planning to keep a notebook in the kitchen to jot stuff down as I go along and then I'm aiming to type it up (and add pictures) every few days. The blog is partly to provide a more easily searchable format, but also possibly to share with friends and family. I'm not quite sure how the blog'll develop, but at the moment, I envisage a mix of recipes, comments and the odd restaurant review too - because it's not just about what I cook myself, but the food in my life generally. Anyway, we'll see how it goes ...

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment