Friday 15 April 2011

15 April - chicken with a creamy sauce

Today I've been rather struggling to find food. Because I'm staying right in the centre of Brighton, there're loads of boutiques, restaurants and cafes, but very few food shops. As I'm probably going to be doing quite a bit of eating out over the next few days, I was determined to cook for myself tonight. I ended up in M&S food searching for dinner ingredients. I decided to go for chicken in a creamy sauce, but couldn't find any fresh herbs to add a bit of flavour to the sauce - tarragon would've been good, but anything would've done. I had no luck at all finding herbs and ended up with a little jar of truffle butter (from Carluccio's) to add oomph instead.

I pan-fried a chicken breast, took it out the pan to keep warm and added a shallot and chopped garlic clove. When they were soft, I deglazed the pan with some white wine, let it bubble down, then added some cream. Finally, I stirred in about half a teaspoon of the truffle butter. It smellt wonderfully truffly when I opened the jar, but actually wasn't that strong, so I probably could've added a bit more. It made a nice enough simple supper though with the rest of yesterday's asparagus and some Jersey Royal potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment