Friday 14 October 2011

12 October - pasta and a steak

Leeks, bacon, cream and cheese are a classic combination and today they made a great pasta sauce for lunch - warm, tasty and comforting on rather a grey, drizzly day.

Tris was away this evening, so I was looking for a supper for one and feeling a bit uninspired. The butcher's does meat already marinated and packaged. I've often looked at it, but generally, I prefer to add my own flavourings. Today though, I picked up a steak in teriyaki marinade to give it a go. I flash-fried it - accompanied by quite a bit of smoke and lots of smell - and had it with some homemade chips and a few carrots and beans. The steak came out with a promising caramelised coating, but it was rather thin for my liking and, to be honestly, a bit disappointingly bland. I wonder if it might have been better sliced and stir-fried instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment