Friday 9 March 2012

28 February - a chilli wrap and chicken with mushrooms

For lunch today I used up the leftover mince from the bolognese and some borlotti beans from last night to make a quick chilli:
  • I fried up some onion, garlic and yellow pepper.
  • Added the beef mince + a pinch of allspice, cumin, chilli and a stub of cinnamon stick
  • Once browned, I tipped in some tinned tomatoes, the borlotti beans and a bit of fresh coriander
I made it up into a wrap with a few spinach leaves and a dollop of yoghurt - great lunch!


This evening, I just had a fancy for a basic "meat and two veg" type supper. I pan-fried a couple of chicken breasts and then in the same pan made a creamy mushroom and tarragon sauce to pour over them. Served with some new potatoes and cabbage, it was just what I'd been after.

No comments:

Post a Comment