Thursday 22 December 2011

20 December - bristol brew and chicken stew

I stopped off at a new-ish tea shop in Clifton this morning - Lahloo. I'd tried their breakfast tea before, but this time I spotted they had a Bristol Brew blend, which is apparently designed specifically to suit the water in Bristol. It seemed too good an idea not to try so I bought myself a tin. I also picked up a savoury tart for my lunch while I was there.


I had in mind to cook a version of my sausage and kale stew this evening, but using chicken instead of sausages. When I got to Sainsbury's though, they were clean out of kale! Thus I ended up making sausage and kale stew without the sausages or the kale!!
  • I fried chicken thigh fillets in some good olive oil to brown, then added some sliced garlic, chopped rosemary and a chopped red onion.
  • Once the onion was soft, I added some sliced carrots, chunks of leek and a tin of flagelot beans, along with some chicken stock (c. 400ml).
  • I bubbled it away for a good 20-25 mins, then stirred in a dash of cream at the end.
A nice warming bowl with plenty of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment