Sunday 18 December 2011

12 December - leek and parsnip soup and squash risotto

I was going to make leek and potato soup for lunch, but then I found a parsnip at the bottom of the fridge, so decided to substitute it for the potato. The resulting leek and parsnip soup wasn't bad, but it was a bit too thick and rather like semolina again!

I've had a beautiful bluey-green crown prince squash that came in the vegbox weeks ago sitting on the windowsill looking decorative (they last for ages!) and finally cooked it up this evening. I made squash risotto based on a Jamie Oliver recipe where you roast the squash with a spice rub (salt, chilli and cinnamon), then add it in chunks to a basic risotto. Today, I stirred in a bit of soft goats cheese at the end and topped it with crispy sage leaves - always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment