Sunday 13 November 2011

11 November - eggs florentine and dinner with friends

I quite like eggs Florentine for lunch, but it's such a faff to make fresh hollandaise sauce and there's always too much for one. I usually just end up having spinach and poached eggs on toast. Today I thought I'd try a dollop of hollandaise from a jar as an easy cheat. I suppose it did just add a bit of something to the eggs, but it was a bit sharp and vinegary tasting, so not completely convinced.

This evening, we went to visit some friends for dinner. Hannah always comes up with really good, tasty home cooking and tonight was no exception with a great dish of Catalan chicken (cooked with tomatoes beans, peppers and olives), followed by apple cake and custard - yum! And of course, a few glasses of wine and lots of good chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment