Friday 29 July 2011

28 July - frittata and fishy fish

At book club last night, a couple of friends were talking about frittata and the idea must've stuck in my head, so I whipped up something eggy for my lunch. I boiled a few sliced new potatoes, some peas and broad beans and popped them all in a frying pans with a few beaten eggs and some chopped mint. It all looked and smelled beautiful in the pan, but sadly, didn't make it onto the plate very elegantly! It still tasted good though and made a nice change for lunch.

I picked a lovely big pile of beans for dinner, they're almost growing quicker than we can eat them at the moment! I made the mistake of buying supermarket fish though. As I opened the packaging of my trout fillets, they turned out to be horribly slimy and I had a frustrating fight trying to skin them. I'm not great with raw fish at the best of times and by the time I'd cooked the trout (coated in herbs, breadcrumbs and lime zest and oven-cooked with lime butter), I'd really gone off the whole idea. The beans tasted great at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment