Tuesday 19 July 2011

15 July - roast lamb and pesto

After last night's lamb taster, I fancied a bit more tonight. There wasn't much in the way of decent chunky steaks at the supermarket, so I went for a small joint instead to roast. I'd intended to make the meat last over a couple of meals, but after I'd carved up enough for a decent serving each, there wasn't really enough worth keeping, so we ate it all! I'd brought home a small pot of pesto from last night's workshop (although, I think probably not the one I made as they got mixed up), so this made a nice fresh sauce to pour over the lamb. Together with some roasted new potatoes with rosemary, a bit of tenderstem broccoli and some green beans, plus a glass or two of chilled rose, it made a rather decadent Friday night dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment