Thursday 21 July 2011

19 July - gardening and garlicky chicken

After lots of rain, there was a rare patch of sunshine this afternoon, so I spent a bit of time out on the terrace pulling up the mangetout, which had finished doing their thing, and planted some carrots, spring onions and kale in their place. I'm quite getting into this whole veg growing thing now!

After last night's stodgy rice, I decide to go back to a low carb dinner; garlicky chicken with a big pile of leeks and carrots. I pan-cook chicken thighs with some whole cloves of garlic - browning them first, then covering them and turning down the heat to let them cook through slowly for about half an hour. I remove the chicken from the pan and tip out the fat, then add a big handful of parsley, a slosh of white wine and a squeeze of lemon juice to make a sharp, herby sauce to go over the chicken, with the soft, caramelised garlic cloves on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment