Sunday 7 August 2011

6 August - creamy chicken with leeks and sweetcorn

Tris is down in London for the weekend, leaving me with a whole vegbox of stuff to get started on alone! After a brunch of scrambled eggs on toast with a few tomatoes from the garden lightly fried, this evening, I cooked up what was originally a soup recipe into a creamy chicken stew with leeks and fresh sweetcorn.
  • I gently fry/sweat a small chopped onion, some chopped garlic and red chilli, with a sliced leek and a few bits of bacon.
  • Then I add some chopped chicken just to brown, before pouring in a slurp of cider (still leftover from the other day), followed by about 150ml chicken stock.
  • I cut the corn off a fresh corn cob, add this and simmer the whole lot for about 20 mins.
  • Towards the end, I add a slurp of double cream and some chopped parsley.
It makes rather a generous plateful (I'm too used to cooking for two!), with some new potatoes to mash into the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment