Saturday 13 August 2011

12 August - frittata and shepherd's pie

After my slightly crumbled attempt at frittata a couple of weeks ago, I had another go today and did it properly this time, cooking the top under the grill, rather than trying to flip it in the pan. I used a couple of cold potatoes, some bits of bacon and a big pile of fresh peas, with a couple of eggs and some mint. Looked much better this time!

I know it's rather unseasonal, but this evening I used up a little bit of leftover mince to make an individual shepherd's pie. I cooked the mince up with some onion, garlic, mushrooms and a bit of diced carrot, plus some beef stock (thickened with a bit of flour), popped it in a mini oven dish with some mash on the top and Bob's your uncle. With some homegrown beans on the side, it was fantastically tasty in a retro sort of way :)


No comments:

Post a Comment