Monday 12 September 2011

6 September - stuffed vegetables

At a loss for ideas, I tried out a recipe for stuffed vegetables from For Every Season. You cook up some chopped onion and garlic, with some pine nuts, rice, dill and parsley, pour in some water, then when absorbed, stuff this mixture into big tomatoes and peppers. You put the vegetables into an oven dish, pour some tin tomatoes around the bottom and drizzle with olive oil, then bake for about 40 mins at 180C. I was rather late getting started and really hungry, so I gave up and took them out after barely half an hour, which was a bit of a mistake as the rice was still a bit crunchy and the pepper wasn't cooked as much as I'd have liked. It wasn't too bad though and the 'sauce' (the tinned toms whizzed up in a blender) was really nice. I might go with the suggestion of adding a bit of mince to the stuffing if I did it again though.

No comments:

Post a Comment