Thursday 15 September 2011

15 September - sausage stew and an empty fridge

We're off on holiday early tomorrow morning, so today really is a case of trying to use up what's left in the fridge. Lunch involved a dish of boiled new potatoes mixed with some tomatoes and basil and a poached egg on the top. Not quite a proper meal, but it sort of worked!

There's still quite a bit of cavalo nero from yesterday, so I'm making it up into a version of a sausage and kale stew for dinner, together with the last few potatoes. Hopefully, that'll leave us with a nice empty fridge.

We're going to be off in Madagascar for a fortnight, so I won't be posting for a while. I don't think I'm going to keep a day-by-day record of what we eat, but I'll try and do a single holiday post when I get back to report on Malagasy cuisine!

No comments:

Post a Comment