Friday 27 May 2011

25 May - an omelette and chilli

After spending the weekend with Jo who has a couple of chickens in the garden, even though I didn't have any of their fresh eggs while I was there, they were obviously still on my mind today, so I had an omelette for lunch. I hate any runny bits in omelettes, so I always cook mine in a small frying pan and flip them rather than folding them to make sure all the egg's cooked. I threw in some cold potatoes, button mushrooms and lardons; a classic combination. For me, any eggy dish cries out for ketchup, but I finished off the last of the tomato and chilli relish instead - must make up another batch some time.


While I was away, Tris had made up a big pot of chilli con carne; his signature dish! And as we were both out early evening, it was perfect to come back to, heated up with a bit of rice and some fresh guacamole. I seem to make guacamole a bit differently every time - today, it was a mashed avocado, a crushed clove of garlic, the juice of half a lime, a bit of salt and a big handful of chopped coriander - a really fresh herby one that worked well with the rich chilli that'd been maturing for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment