Saturday 14 May 2011

13 May - classic pasta and more tea

Another classic spring/summer pasta lunch today; linguine with fresh peas and bacon, simple but always delicious. Then this afternoon I was in a local deli to top up my stocks of teapig teabags and I got talked in to trying yet another make of tea! Lahloo is another Bristol-based brand and as usual, I went for their loose-leaf breakfast tea. My first pot was a bit weedy, but when I tried again with a bit more tea and a slightly longer brewing time, it wasn't bad. I'll have to see if it becomes a regular in my collection!


Dinner was at a local Italian: Aqua. It usually does some good non-pasta/pizza dishes and I love their liver. But tonight I went for veal, that turned out to be a bit uninspiring and in a rather peppery sauce - just a bad menu choice, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment