Sunday 15 April 2012

6 April - the seahorse @ Dartmouth

With the long Easter weekend and my birthday looming, we headed down to South Devon for a few days by the seaside. We dropped in at my parents' for a birthday lunch for my Mum en route, then after we'd checked into the fabulous Kaywana Hall in Kingswear, we hopped on the passenger ferry across to Dartmouth for dinner at the Seahorse. I had some delicious chicken livers, roasted with sage to start - plump and melt-in-the-mouth. Then we both went for the brill steak with a clam sauce and spinach on the side. I have to say, although it did say 'steak' on the menu rather than 'fillet', I hadn't really expected it to come with bones and although it was nice, it was a bit fiddly. Sadly, we were both coming down with colds, so perhaps my tastebuds weren't quite as sharp as normal either. Even feeling a bit under the weather though, I couldn't fail to enjoy an espresso topped with zabaglione and a fresh mini doughnut on the side to finish - sounds a bit odd, but believe me, it was fantastic and drew a bit of food envy from diners on either side of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment